|By The Joy of Baking|
|Not too sweet and not too pumpkiny, these savory treats will surprise you with white chocolate chips and pecans
2 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t cinnamon
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 t vanilla
1 large egg
1 T milk or cream
sugar for sprinkling
|1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Mix first 7 ingredients (dry)
3. Blend butter into flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs.
4. Stir in the chocolate and pecans.
5. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla.
6. Add to flour mixture.
7. Knead dough gently 4 or 5 times on a floured surface.
8. Pat the dough into a circle that is about 7 inches round. Cut Circle in half, then cut each half into 3 pie shaped wedges.
9. Place the scones on a baking sheet and brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes
||Cook Time: 20 minutes|