|Christmas Morning Egg Casserole|
|By Dianne Sivulka|
|A great ahead egg casserole! Easy and delicious!!
|4 large croissants
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup breakfast meat
2 1/4 cups half and half
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil
|1. Butter a 9 x 13 casserole.
2. Cut the croissants in 1 inch cubes and scatter half of them in the casserole. Set the remaining cubes aside for now.
3. Sprinkle on all the meat and vegetables and half the cheese.
4. Then the rest of the croissants and top it off with the rest of the cheese.
5. Whisk together the remaining 6 ingredients and pour over casserole.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
7. Rmove plastic wrap and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
I've made this with many different meat and vegi variations. The most basic it to do sausage with cheddar and leave off the vegetables. I also like it with sauted spinach, onions and mushrooms with diced ham and swiss cheese. Be creative!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes
||Cook Time: 55 minutes|